Sunday 25 November 2007

Chodefest

Some thoughts this morning:

"People do not attract that which they want, but that which they are. Their whims, fancies, and ambitions are thwarted at every step, but their inmost thoughts and desires are fed with their own food, be it foul or clean. The 'divinity that shapes our ends' is in ourselves; it is our very self... Not what he wishes and prays for does a man get, but what he justly earns. His wishes and prayers are only gratified and answered when they harmonise with his thoughts and actions.

People are anxious to improve their circumstances, but are unwilling to improve themselves; they therefore remain bound. The man who does not shrink from self-crucifixion can never fail to accomplish the object upon which his heart is set."

I went out last night, I'm moderately hungover and haven't got much inspiration this morning. When I git in, I sent Lotte a message telling her I miss her. Previously, I would have considered this behaviour to be stupid. However, I really do. It's coming from a place of honesty and authenticity; so as far as I'm concerned, this shit is vindicated.

I remember very little of the conversation from last night, the usual discussions were had, and no new lays were bound.

I recall standing waiting for a taxi, and Andy regaling me with his tale of Lotte staring at him in the supermarket. So I presume that this was the catalyst.

-shrugs-

Time will tell. It always does.

-Michael

I

No comments: