Thursday 1 November 2007

Great post

This morning hasn't gotten off to the best start heh...

Technique says:
yep
Michæl says:
any good?
Technique says:
was the best
Michæl says:
what happened leek?
Technique says:
i gt tech
Technique says:
and sang
Technique says:
and gt stoned and pissed
Michæl says:
nice
Technique says:
ano
Technique says:
and im recording today
Michæl says:
whod yay get tech off leek?
Technique says:
u dnt know the technition
Michæl says:
righto
Michæl says:
is this just your way of saying you dont like me or some shit?
Technique says:
eh>?
Michæl says:
like why would I really want to know if you got laid last night?
Technique says:
u asked!
Michæl says:
-shrugs- I asked if you had a good time, I didnt ask for your life story
Technique says:
shrugs sorry
Michæl says:
no, I am
Technique says:
so r u coming 2 watch and help me record?
Michæl says:
I quite liked you, so I'm feeling tired and a little ''bitter'' maybes
Michæl says:
I dunno how I would help you record
Michæl says:
I dont know shit about these things

Does that matter at all? Really, no. We're not in an exclusive relationship. A womans sexuality is morally neutral, and the fact if I even cared would be insignificant.

I would have been upset at this had it not been for Jeffy's article yesterday. All that matters is right now. Nothing else, for that is all we have.

I also really liked this part:

See, a long time ago, back in the early days, Tyler once said to me, “ you’re not an insane maniac. You’re a poser insane maniac. You’re just dealing with the absurdity of existence by shoving absurdity back down existence’s throat.”

That statement really struck a chord with me, because this was actually something that I’d been keenly aware of for a long time.

Back in high school, I read a philosophical essay by the French author Albert Camus called "The Myth of Sisyphus."

Though it was a small work, it made a big impression on me. In the essay, Camus introduces his philosophy of the absurd: man's futile search for meaning, unity and clarity in the face of an unintelligible world.

Does the realization of the absurd require suicide? Camus answers: "No. It requires revolt."

The final chapter compares the absurdity of man's life with the situation of Sisyphus, a figure of Greek mythology who was condemned to repeat forever the same meaningless task of pushing a rock up a mountain, only to see it roll down again. The essay concludes, "The struggle itself is enough to fill a man's heart. One must imagine Sisyphus happy."

Everything is honored, but nothing really matters.


All that matters is NOW.

-M

No comments: