Tuesday 13 November 2007

Highlights of '07 article 2: Thursday night jihad

I am still a little unmotivated, but this should be a more interesting and delightfully content rich article.. I apprehensively use the word 'Highlight' loosely as this may sound more like an autopsy, but eh.

Heres we go, this one is entitled 'Thursday Night Jihad' as in from the 13th of april in the year of our lord 2007, bon appetite:

''Sooo it was another drunken fucked up night in S'land.

We meet up at a different place this week, this is the first time our thursday night route has changed in about two years. But I digress.

The conversation is dire, I demand that everyone drinks snakebite to liven to motherfuckin party up yo.

After a while the conversation starts improving we go to some shitty new bar along the road, I recognise some girls I know from about five years ago, so I tell my drunk friend to go and pull these little hotties who are sitting under the DJ stand. I follow him across.

Naturally he fucks up big style, I try and save this fucked up mess. And then I end up making the Dj look like a total tool. AAAGGGGHHH.

We move on, and I'm insisting that no-one is allowed to get phone-numbers ever again. I give an impassioned speech on getting laid there and then or getting giving a flat out NO.

In the club, it's the regular thursday night shit-fest, I see my beloved magical sparkle girl ##### with her new douchebag borefriend. Her friend starts hitting on me, I tell her that I eat girls like her for breakfast, and that she's boring me, but naturally she keeps coming back for more.

We walk off bored.

Across the other side, one of the guys who's out with us is arguing with his girlfriend. Or some shit like that....this argument culminates in him steaming into the dancefloor and attacking a group of people. he comes out fine.

Aforementioned girl returns...we're drunked now, and singing:

Steve Bruce are you listening?
Our trophy is a glistening
Because we're five points in front
You fat Geordie cunt
walking in a Keano wonderland

She doesn't know what to make of this...I tell her to be gone.

More drink is consumed. We leave to get food, open up a conversation with a couple of hotties in the pizza shop. I'm talking smack but they're loving it. Really should have laid these two. It was on.

I shouldn't drink so much. If I drank less I would be getting laid like a fucking pimp. AAAAGGGGHHH

Will write more, when I'm more sobre.

-M''

Ahh yes, I remember this... the night I had my chode friend Walters approach a couple of girls, and he unwittingly cock-blocked me from here to Valhalla, fortunately I was fired up on ethyl alcohol and managed some miraculous damage limitation exercise, no-pulls on this evening never-the-less.

The second thing that strikes me, is when I'm describing my interactions with girls on this evening of shenanigans, I am coming off as very cold and aloof, pushing away, and acting so disinterested that in hindsight I may have considered to be cool, indifferent but really it's now striking me as extremely emotionally cauterised. Maybes even asexual.

I mean, I still indulge in the odd-spot of kino-pinging with girls, but it's all in fun. The whole-arch-nemesis-asshole-jerk things has been surgically removed, ostracised and exiled to the dustbin. What was going through my mind?

Comparitively speaking, take saturday night... I'm a little out of practise at pick-up game, as I don't really do as many cold-approaches these dayz.

However, I start a conversation with one girl. She is a tall-attractive-nerd.

I open with something along the lines of ''You some kind of fucking nerd?''

In one sentence, maybes it exudes assertiveness, dominance, confidence and maybes even an element of qualification at the same time. I believe I said it with a smile on my face; best never to make assumptions.

But over all of those things, I said it because it was the first thing that came to my mind, so most of all, it was completely natural and in the MOMENT.

I could have probably done better with nerd-girl; I could have just clawed her off and told her that *we* were going to the bar, rather than just get a phone-number [what I said about phone-numbers earlier, I believe still holds true.], and I had I been persistent, had some glorious fun with her. Yep I'm a bit out of practise.

Lesson learned and lesson learned.

As I was going inside, it turned out that one of her friends recognised me from a few months back in the club, we shot the breeze, she complimented me on what good shape I was in these days, and she was pretty attracted, now had I been more dominant and assertive or perhaps sharper in the moment I could have had a pretty advantageous situation going on.

I could have used her to help the nerd-girl campaign, or could have just been dominant, assertive, witty, shot the breeze, clawed, built rapport, pumped buying temperature, built up some great rapport, pumped up her buying temperature some more, been persistent and had some kind of relationship going on with this girl.

It's not nearly as complicated as it sounds.

Remember the only two things to really care to remember are: 1. Be cooler than the girl. 2. Don't say anything stupid

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


But in this scenario as is apparently becoming a recurring theme of this article. Lesson learned. LOL

And it's cool with me, I'm always telling my best-friend, in my drunken but eloquent 'seminars' that it's the rejections and the general fuck-ups that we make that make us great.

There's no reason to get stressed out over any of this shit, because at the end of the day none of it matters. It's insignificant. Totally fucking irrelevant.

Picking up hotties and is life, is just one big learning curve. So just keep having fun with it, and it will come.

And before you know it, you'll know a new hot girl, have new experience, new friends, new adventures delux.

And I'm out to read some more and then swing a kettlebell around my head.

Have a good one, and until next-time

TTFN

-Michael

No comments: