Friday 7 December 2007

Fuck, I'm writing a novel...

I've decided that I'm going to begin writing a novel.

Tentatively, it will be a semi-autobiographical novel set over the course of one day, but in that one day every aspect of the protagonists ego, personality, conceits, love life, inner most thoughts and lies will be peeled away as he encounters a variety of characters. It will be a honest, authentic no-holds barred realistic overview of a day, with surrealistic parts as he sheds his unconscious.

The characters will each represent in essence the absurdity of existence each with their own highly detailed and constructed personas.

This will require a lot of research and further reading to help create the visceral topography of the novel.

My goal is to be able to embody every single last detail about the protagonist, leaving no detail ommited whilst at the same time it will portray a story one persons quest for acceptance and love in a bizzarre world.

This novel may take upto ten years to complete, it is inspired truly by my greatest literary hero Joyce, but by the time it is finished it will be my masterpiece.

Some of it will be funny, some of it will be tragic.

I'm immensely looking forward to piecing it all together.

That is all.

-Michael

No comments: