Sunday 23 December 2007

Christmas Eve



It's 4:35am on Christmas eve. I woke up an hour again. I've spent the past two days working. Surprisingly the customers weren't very annoying. I'm in good spirits.

I went out on Thursday and Friday. Friday Andy and I drank a case of lager each. Stella Artois. And then decided to head into town.

The whole town portion is very blurry. I recall getting a taxi with some girl and then being distressed she wouldn’t give me her phone number.

I woke up late on Saturday morning.

I'm lying amidst multitudinous beer cans. Many empty bottles of Stella. I feel dehydrated. Fucking disgusting.

I hadn't drank for around 3 weeks. So the two days of incessant drinking hit me hard; like a rock. I have little recollection of what I was doing or saying. I recall some kind of conversation that involved the phrase ''the nuts are in the cheese section heeeee heeeee'' apart from that my whole retrospection is gone.

I vaguely remember deciding I'd drank too much and getting a taxi with some girl I'd never seen before in my life. Lambasting her with 'game'. My drunken rendering of flirting. Being very perturbed when she wouldn't give me her phone number or any money towards the fucking taxi. I'm getting slipshod in my old age.

Good times.

I'm currently perusing my phone and notice I've been sending more fucked up text messages. This has always been a problem for me. It's now emphasised by the fact I have a contract phone.

My sent items is voluminous with more text message saying I would like to fuck you very much indeed. I like you. In fact I sent a text about the nuts in the cheese section. At least I didn't do Air Supply again. I swear a lot in texts. I'm becoming quite vulgar too. As erudite as I want.

For the rest of the day at work, I felt disgusting. Ill.

Sunday at work was fun in a strange kind of way. I stood entrenched in my checkout as I always do. But this time I had a line of people almost fifty yards long. People were in good spirits. It was nice for a change. People weren’t being obnoxious arseholes to me. For all I was busy. I was kind of satisfied. There was a good vibe.

After sleeping for a few hours I’ve woke up. I’m lying on new sheets. They make me feel nice. My recently rearranged bedroom gives me a sense of well-being. Maybes this is what’s meant by Feng Shui.

I read another few pages of The Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy then started thinking about my own novel. I want it to provide a range of perpetual emotions. I want it to make me laugh. Make me cry. Make me excited. Inspired. All of those things I like to feel. That to me is a good story. One that can takes you on a full emotional journey as well as to an exciting stimulating world. Of course not everyone would agree with that. I just like to feel things. I’m probably more of a kinaesthetic person than most.
So therefore I’ve decided I want to embody all of the things that make me feel good, bad, sad, mad, angry, inspired, loved, hated et al.

I want to rest. But I feel strangely excited. Stimulated like I’m a small child again. I like this time of year. It makes me feel good.

-Michael

No comments: