Saturday 8 December 2007

Christmas Adversity...

''There is no carnival without suffering.''-Nietzsche.

The whole christmas thing isn't going very well thus far. I can't afford to buy booze or vodka, or shit whiskey for that matter. I can't buy any presents for people or for myself without using the credit card, and it's another ten days until I get paid.

Fucking direct debits.

So whilst my friends are going out partying it up like the fucking Prince song, forgetting the year and minus the soiree suits. I'm just going to be working or sitting in the house, reading, watching DVD's or working, or working out.

My plan for the next ten days is to build up as much muscle as is humanly possible, maintaining an extremely disciplined diet in order to increase my metabolic rate. The reason being of course so I can drink more when I finally get paid, and overcompensate for the 3 weeks of 'forced detox'; not too dissimilar to my hero Takeru Kobayashi preparing for a competitive eating competition.

I suppose it really comes to something when you're not working out to get a good body, you're working out to binge drink more.

I foresee AA meetings in 2008.

Oh, the humanity.

-Michael

No comments: