Friday 4 January 2008

2007 brief recap.

Mistakes:
I made a lot of mistakes throughout 2007. They were mainly in the first half of the year. I was severly overweight. Obnoxious. And trying very hard to identify with extremely poor role models. I spent half of the year sitting around on the internet. Wasting time reading pick-up bullshit. On chat trying to attract ONE girl. Excuse me, but that is FULL chode behaviour.

The one girl I tried for almost half of the year to ATTRACT. I eventually lost through being a belligerent drunken psycho. A bad theme that would resurface as the year progressed.

What did I do which was right, and in what?
My first revelation of the year came after I'd started going to the gym. We were out playing a game to see who could get rejected by a girl the fastest. Obviously, we were trying to amuse ourselves. Hence why we had a lot of success that night.

The gym. Working out, and having a good body to me gives me a much clearer perspective on everything. And whilst I'm still a naiive young kid in a sense. My relationships with people in all walks of my life have definitely prospered by simply improving and looking after my body. Which in turn gives me more confidence. Which in turn allows me to offer more value back. Kind of like a circle.

After wasting a lot of time reading absolute bullshit. I discovered a few good role-models. How to actually get laid. I got laid. I discovered that rejection doesn't matter. It's irrelevant and something you actually learn from. I'm now on a path of self-actualisation. Things at the moment are looking pretty bright.

What lessons can I learn from 2007?
-Don't waste time procrastinating on the internet.
-Actually talk to girls.
-Be cool and don't say anything stupid.
-Amuse yourself.
-Recognise your ego.
-Read more.
-Drinking is a waste of time.
-Work out. To paraphrase Tom Venuto: ''Being lean feels better than you can eat tastes.''

Time to read some more. Workout, then hit up some girls later on tonight.

-Michael

No comments: