Friday 12 October 2007

On art....



My knowledge of art compared to a lot of people is very poor. I quite like Vermeer, but that's pretty much as far as my knowledge on classical art goes.

I do however like modern art well some of it, personally I thought the time I went to the Turner Modern it was awful. The only part I liked was the big slides that intertwined into a helix.

As far as Modern Art goes, I couldn't describe it, I generally don't understand it, but aslong as I find it aesthetically pleasing, that's good enough for me.



I for one find Banksy uber-cool, and one day shall finally get around to buying his book, which I first saw about seven months ago, when I was in London,

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


In my university days, I liked going to the Baltic in Newcastle, the best exhibition I saw there was the Kienholz one, which was so weird and wonderful, poignant and disturbing, it still sticks with me to this very day...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
TAG this image

I might have a look in this week if I have time, this for example looks pretty nifty.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


So hopefully there'll be a few good things and good times in Newcastle. Wooo

-Michael

No comments: