Tuesday 11 September 2007

True Economy

In my seemingly never-ending quest to improve myself... I've been scrutinising all of the areas I really have to improve upon in order to get a healthier balance in my life.

In the past five months with the help of Myfooddiary.com, my gym membership, a bike, and some serious fucking motivation. I've managed to drop around 14llbs, and down to about 12%? body-fat, anyway, I'll probably post more on this later.

One of the things that I really have to start thinking MORE about is economy, making and maintaining a steady stream of money.

I work at most about 20 hours a week, I really really have fallen out of the habit of working hard, I scrape by. Thing is, I waste a lot of money on shit I don't need. I really shouldn't spend so much on drinking and stuff like that, so I've decided to enforce some boundaries upon myself.

I mean, I've read Sex Money Kiss by Gene Simmons in the past, and I think I will use some of that kind of greedy discipline he has when it comes to money. For the next FOUR months, I will buy ONLY things I truly NEED. I have enough books to keep me going until around christmas now [god forbid] my current rate of reading is truly truly appaling.

I will most definitely try and cut down on alcohol.

And the only mode of transport I will use will be my bike... unless I can freeload lifts. Hah.

I will also do a bit more at work, in order to bolster my monthly wage, and also look after the pennies.

Maybes I could also sell some of the pointless shit I have lying around aswell on eBay or something... I'll have a look-see and see if I can find where to start.

Definitely no more BUYING on eBay or Amazon.

So hopefully this will go well and I can be back in the black very very soon.

If I have anymore ideas on improving my money-situation, I shall surely post them here.

-Michael

No comments: